Sunday, March 2, 2014

Coogee to Bondi

I will never leave this place. Oceans and beaches are definitely where my loyalties lay. I love the mountains, and I do love New York but my heart belongs to the ocean. I went on trek from Coogee Beach which is the closest beach to campus to Bondi Beach, one known for it's surfing here in New South Wales.
On this map, My campus is circled in red, Coogee in green and Bondi in gold. The walk along the coast took about 3 hours, with stopping for picture taking all along the way.
My local beach is only a twenty minute walk from campus. It's close enough to head to after class, spend the afternoon soaking up the sun and reading. It's also a good distance to keep up my beach body on the way!


There are a number of small beaches between Coogee and Bondi, making the walk one with nice views.

There is even a sea side cemetery. The real estate in the place is so great people are dying to get in, ba boom tish.

Then we see the beautiful Bondi beach around the corner. From the height of the walkway, the people look small and the surfing looks fun! On such a beautiful day it is hard to believe there was any free space on the beach. There is even a pool right on the side of the ocean, not sure why though... I will never understand people.

With all of these beautiful days I'm getting more tan each day. I am however (Mom I hope you're happy about this) making sure to wear sunscreen all of the time; as Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer.

We finished our day with delicious frozen yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment