Friday, March 28, 2014

Breakfast with the Roomies and Markets

    It's been a while since my last post. Lots has happened! The other weekend was my first "normal" weekend here. Meaning a weekend without big plans. A weekend living my life here in Sydney. It's interesting to see how my views have been changing since being here. I've finally crossed the line from visiting to living here.
    First of all, it was my flatmates birthday so we fixed a wonderful breakfast! It was the first time since I've been here that all six of us were in the same room at the same time. Not too surprising since before that I had only met one of my roommates in passing, a week and a half after moving in. We had crepes, with all sorts of fresh fruit, homemade banana bread, hot cross buns and tea. To make things even better we opened the French doors, moved the table outside and ate in the wonderful Sydney sunshine. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning.
    I also took a trip to the Glebe Markets, a quaint weekly market in a nice neighborhood. There was a wide variety of artists and vendors. I found a lot of really cute clothes for not a lot of money! How wonderful!

One of these artists had the best Dr. Who themed necklaces. I immediately fell in love with them and may still end up going back to get myself one of them.


The best part about the market was my find of some local organic honey! Honey is known for its antimicrobial properties and for being the only natural food that does not spoil. Another benefit of local honey, is that because it is made from local flowers and things it lessens seasonal allergies, not that I have a problem with those at all but it's nice to know. My honey is so good I'll probably have to get more soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment